Monday, June 14, 2010

An Anniversary, A Homecoming, Some Pickleball, and a Goodbye.

FIVE YEARS!
As of May 24, 2010 Dave and I have been married for 5 years!  I have loved every minute of it, even the hard times.  Everyday with my sweetheart is a dream come true.  On the day of our wedding he gave me a card with a princess on a balcony and a knight in shining armor on the front.  The inside was a picture of a woman standing on a bed shrieking in the corner, and a man killing a spider.  The card said "I may not slay dragons, but I will always kill the spiders." For those of you who know me, this is the perfect card... and just so you know, he has lived up to his word.  He saves me from scary spiders all the time!  Thank you my love!  


The Scotts!
My brother Scott is home!  He just got back from a mission in the Netherlands!  He served for two honorable years teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and serving the people of the Netherlands!  (If you want to know more about his message click here)

It was so much fun to visit with my family and to have my hubby there too!  Scott is standing by the scottsman my sister mindy drew when she was in elementary school!


Companions!
One of Scott's mission companions came to his after party.  (I know, but you can't call it a homecoming anymore, so I have dubbed it the after party)



Happy about scott or the food?
Lol!  I love my sister, she is a girl after my own heart!  Food can change my mood!



The Mormon Spread!
Doesn't it look yummy!  All it is missing is fry sauce!  Oh glorious fry sauce!  How I miss thee when I am not in Utah!  




Glad he fits in!
James is a goober.... i mean Gubler... yeah thats it!



Mindy and Grams!
I love coming home and getting to see my family!  I miss them all so much!



Pickleball, and so it begins!
So, the newest game my family has discovered is called pickleball.  Yes, it is a real sport, click here if you don't believe me.  It is sort of a cross between ping-pong and tennis.  All I know is that you are not supposed to slam the ball if you are in the kitchen. (right next to the net)



Dave was really good!
I am teasing in this pic, Dave took to the sport like a fish to water!  He was super good at it!



GO TEAM RED!
Not sure if they planned it that way.



I try.
I don't have a single drop of athletic blood in my body.  I am not exaggerating, I just can't play sports.  It might be because I have asthma, but it is more likely that I just don't care about sports and therefore never played them when I was little.  But, I do like pickleball, its fun!  I am just not good at it.



He is so into it! 
What a hunk!



He can fly!
I like being on my dad's team, he usually wins :)




What the?
Must be something he learned in the Netherlands!




My mom is the champion!
I am teasing in this pic too, they are really arguing about who gets stuck with me on their team next... ;)



Ah, my love!
Aren't we cute?




To say goodbye.
While I was there, my Grandpa Dalpias passed away.  The day before he passed, I got to say goodbye.  He had Alzheimer's for a really long time, so it was good that he went home.  I am glad to know that this life is not the end.  I am grateful that my grandpa taught me about my Italian heritage.  It is something I will pass on to my children with great joy. 

Until we meet again Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful wedding pics!! my grandpa just passed away at the end of may; days before i was scheduled to fly out and see him. his mind wasn't all there, so i'm glad he's home too. glad you had fun with your fam. oh and i have italian in me too! my grandma was full-blooded italian. gotta love that italian lineage - i blame things like my love of food, passion/temper and general loud mouth all on my italian genes.

    ReplyDelete