Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jenny's Wedding




I have been blessed all my life.  I have been blessed with loving parents, who always encouraged me to go for my dreams (no matter how far away my dreams take me).  I have been blessed with a brother who makes me laugh and a sister who is my best friend.  I have been blessed to find a husband who can put up with me =), and whom I love more and more every day.  I even have in-laws that are a blessing to me.   I could list my blessings all day and still have more to write down.  So, rather than attempt to finish a never ending list, I am going to focus on the blessing that is my sister.

Mindy, I think, embodies the phrase "heart of gold".  She is kind through and through.  I live every day hoping that some day I can be more like her.  She is my sister and my friend.  It makes me sad when I hear of sisters not getting along.  It is something I can not imagine.  I love her so much, and I count her as one of my greatest blessings.

Recently my good friend and former college roommate Jenny flew me out to photograph her wedding.  I asked my sister, Mindy, if she would be the 2nd photographer.  Not only does Mindy have a great eye for detail she sees people as they really are and manages to capture that in her images.  She was such a great help to me all day.  She kept me calm when things were shaky and made me feel like I could handle anything because she was there.  

Thank you Mindy.  I love you!

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, I am happy that my children all got along, and love to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You made me cry...a lot! Thank you so much Malisa! I love you too! I loved speding the whole day taking pictures with you! We share a tallent for art and photography, but more importantly we share a love for each other, and spedinging a whole day bonding through art was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that picture of the three of you is awesome, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so touching! Yay for sisters. :)

    ReplyDelete